Please note: A number of other websites refer to using bentonite clay. Please DO NOT substitute their guidelines or product for ours. Our clay is stronger in its action than a lot of other clays, different in its texture and the way it behaves. Our guidelines are designed to work with our products.
This guideline has been written by our practitioner Sarah Beesley (MHD Hons) to provide a comprehensive approach. The best result is gained when the whole guideline is followed. Please be aware that results may vary and that if you have any other pre-exisiting conditions, we advise working with a trained practitioner.
The following information is not intended to diagnose any condition or to replace the advice of your doctor.
This detox is aimed at reducing the waste load in the body and rejuvenating the liver and kidney function while cleaning up any bad bacteria, worms and yeasts in the bowel. Doing a cleanse like this can take a large load off the cleaning organs because any parasite will exude waste products of its own, which the cleaning organs have to then deal with on top of the usual load coming from food, water, air and the body’s own processes. We use Purely Earth Clay baths as part of our cleanse process because they help to clean up petro-chemicals and other chemicals, remove some metal load and stimulate the removal of stagnant wastes from the tissues.
Detoxification should always be done after a preparation period of 2-3 weeks. This prep period is aimed at improving the liver, kidney and bowel function before they are asked to carry out a detox. Doing this tends to minimise the amount of detox symptoms a person is likely to experience and gives a better result. Be wary of cleanses that do not have a preparation period.
Detox Preparation – Takes 2-3 Weeks
Detoxification takes nutrients and energy. The first priority is to open up and support your internal detox channels. Any good detox program should ensure your body has the tools to carry out the work you are going to ask it to do. Moving toxins is not child’s play and if you try this with an under-nourished digestive system and eliminative function that is not working well, you will get tired and sick. This section and the following section are geared to preparing the way for a good cleanse experience and a great result!
- Use Purely Earth Essential Detox Minerals. This unique ionic mineral product is specially formulated to provide the most commonly deficient minerals required to run the digestive enzymes and liver enzymes. Doing a detox will increase the demand for these minerals in particular. Use 2 -3 ml of the liquid per day for adults.
- Ensure you are passing bowel motions every day. If you are not, get advice from an experienced practitioner as to how to get your bowel moving before you proceed any further.
- Address any signs of weak digestion such as reflux, bloating, gas and indigestion. Good stomach function is necessary for the pancreas and liver to get the right message. If stomach function is weak, it will hinder the production of bile which will slow the clearance of toxins through the liver. Improving the stomach function may be done by using Betaine HCL or 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar (ACV) in water before each meal. This serves to increase the uptake of minerals through the digestive system. For those with a history of reflux, stomach or bowel ulcers or who are using antacid medications, we recommend an appointment with our practitioner Sarah before you try either of these.
- Use Purely Earth Clay internally to start cleaning up the digestive tract. For dosing and how to use Purely Earth Clay internally Click Here
- Take activated B vitamins to support detox enzyme function.
- Start the clay baths at 1 bath every 3 days and stay in them for 20-30 minutes each time. For how to make and use a clay bath Click Here.
Providing Essential Nutrition
- Avoid food that comes in packets. Eat food that is as close to its natural form as possible. This means it contains more nutrients and less added toxins and is a better resource base for your body to use. Especially remove all sugary foods, refined flour foods, wheat, dairy foods and red meat.
- Eat lots of green and colourful vegetables and a good quality protein food at least 2 times a day. We do not recommend protein-deficient diets because protein is an essential nutrient required for repair, digestion and detoxification. If you choose to go vegetarian, get some good advice about how to get adequate protein within your diet changes. The World Health Organisation Standard is 1 gm of protein value per kilo of body weight. This means a 60 kg person requires a minimum of 60 gm of protein value per day in their diet. A palm size piece of fish for example, contains around 25 gm of protein content.
- Remove coffee, tea, alcohol, commercial fruit juices, fizzies and other sweetened beverages. Replace them with water and vegetable juices or vegetable-oriented smoothies. Water intake should be around 1.5 – 2 litres daily.
- Include a small amount of Celtic or Maldon salt as part of your diet. Your body needs the chloride it provides to make digestive juices. Do not use table salt – it is high in aluminium and is lacking in trace minerals.
- Use our Medicine Chest Smoothie daily for a wonderful detoxification booster. You can use this to put the Essential Detox Minerals into.
The Detox – Takes 3 weeks
- Maintain the Essential detox Minerals, the clay internally, the B Vitamin and your digestive support.
- Increase the clay baths to one bath every 2 days. Stay in them for 30 minutes each time.
- Use Dr. Wilson’s Squeaky Clean to furnish the bowel with the right flora and to sweep the surfaces of the gut clean. Take 1-2 caps 2 x daily with food and water.
- Use Dr. Wilson’s Body Guard at 15 drops in water 4 x daily away from food.
- Use Milk Thistle at 1 cap 2 x daily to assist the liver in removing metals, chemicals and wastes from the blood stream.
- f there is a history of yeast infections or fungal infections, regular antibiotic use or gas and bloating, we recommend you use a chitin inhibitor such as Fungal Stop to tidy up any systemic fungal or yeast overgrowths after the above has been completed. Full instructions for using a chitin inhibitor are listed under How to Use Fungal Stop.
Address and reduce stress. Do not underestimate the effects of stress on your body. This can be stress due to a chronic inflammatory condition (think pain, tenderness, redness, swelling or aching), being over-busy, not breathing properly, eating foods that cause you problems, a lack of sleep, dehydration, infection, loneliness, or feeling emotionally vulnerable or unsupported.
Take Steps to Nourish Yourself
- Assess what must stay in your life and what can go.
- Assess whether the things that you think must stay, nourish you or deplete you and reassess if necessary.
- Provide a quiet space in every day that does not involve electrical devices. This allows your nervous system time to unwind.
- Seek out things, animals or people that make you laugh.
- Eat mainly food that does not come in a packet. Nature knows best how to provide balance; manufactured food does not.
- Eat regularly through the day and make good food a priority, not an inconvenience to be squeezed in amongst other activities.
- Avoid inflammatory foods – things you know you are intolerant to, or which make you feel sluggish, moody, affect your bowel or cause flare-ups of a health condition.
- Move your body without the exercise stressing it further. Exercise in a way that makes you feel good, not tired. Increase the exercise level gradually as your energy level builds.
- BREATHE DEEP. Breathing deep sends a signal to your body that you are safe. Shallow or fast breathing does the opposite. Your stress glands and nervous system will respond accordingly.
- Go to sleep before 10 pm and get up before 7 am. Your body clock requires this of you even if your head says otherwise. 1 hour of sleep prior to 12 am is worth 2 hours after 12 am in terms of the rest it provides. Avoid interaction with electrical devices (phones, computers, TV, play station, X Box, iPad, iPod and the like) for 1 hour prior to sleep and remove as many electrical devices from your bedroom as you can. DO NOT sleep with a light on and cover all digital light displays in your room, or even better, remove them.
After the Cleanse
- Think twice before you bring the junk back in!!
- If you felt better and had less bloating and gas when using a digestive aid such as Apple cider vinegar or Betaine we suggest you keep it going.
- We also recommend you keep the B vitamin, the Squeaky Clean, the Essential Detox Minerals and the Medicine Chest Smoothie going to maintain the changes in your body.
Toxicity and Why it is Often the Start of the Breakdown
For a lot of people, their digestive system is often the first place that shows signs of distress. This is usually because the nutrients required to support healthy digestion have become depleted or because stress is taking the focus of their body away from digestion and channeling their resources into crisis management. Over a period of months to years, metals and chemicals can also accumulate, adding to the problem.
Mercury, excess copper ,cadmium and some chemicals will cause disruption to stomach acid production because they block the correct use of zinc, B1 and B6, so even if you take these as supplements they may not work as well as they should. When zinc, B1 or B6 is low or blocked, stomach acid will be low which will then affect the release of digestive enzymes from the pancreas and bile from the liver. This results in poor digestion throughout the gastro-tract and less efficient clearance of toxins through the production and release of bile from the liver.
When insufficient stomach acid and enzymes are produced, the minerals required for healthy digestion are not absorbed as well, food is not digested properly and can start to ferment and putrefy in the stomach and digestive tract. The resulting fermentation and putrefaction can cause symptoms such as food intolerances, indigestion, reflux, irritable bowel, bloating and gas due to an overgrowth of pathogenic bacteria and yeasts in the intestinal tract. These can then cause inflammatory responses, increased permeability of the intestinal walls and abnormal immune function which may then lead to a myriad of complaints including hay fever, aches and pains, oestrogen dominant hormonal conditions such as fibroids and endometriosis, an overloaded detoxification system, food and chemical sensitivities, skin conditions, erratic bowel function, auto-immune disease, lowered immunity and yeast infections, mood imbalances, headaches, brain fog, fatigue etc…
For more details about working with Sarah, go to www.selfhealclinic.co.nz.
Using the above information may result in a reduced need for medication due to improved nutrition. We advise that appropriate monitoring be put in place. For example: If you have high blood pressure which is being controlled through mediation, get a cheap blood pressure cuff and monitor any changes at home. If your blood pressure drops, ask your doctor to reduce your medication accordingly. If you are on thyroid medication or cholesterol lowering medication, get your blood levels tested regularly.
© Purely Earth Ltd. This document may be copied and used as a patient handout in its entirety but is not to be replicated on any other websites or publishing media either in full or part without our permission.