Please note: A number of other websites refer to using bentonite clay. Please DO NOT substitute their guidelines or product for ours. Our clay is stronger in its action than a lot of other clays, different in its texture and the way it behaves. Our guidelines are designed to work with our products.
This guideline has been written by our practitioner Sarah Beesley (MHD Hons) to provide a comprehensive approach. The best result is gained when the whole guideline is followed.
The following information is not intended to diagnose any condition or to replace the advice of your doctor.
Food poisoning is often easily managed by the body and the offending microbe expelled in a matter of a few days. However, using Purely Earth Clay internally and 3 to 4 times the normal amount of a quality probiotic in the acute stages can make the journey shorter and more comfortable.
If you have had a bout of food poisoning and have been left with a cycle of explosive bowel motions interspersed with near-normal stools, this may mean the original infection has not been completely resolved. With this type of scenario, a combination of Purely Earth Clay, Dr. Wilson’s Body Guard and Squeaky Clean may make all the difference.
Acute Food Poisoning
- Use Purely Earth Clay internally to help with reducing the microbe population, to mop up the toxic by-products of the infection and to improve bowel health. Take 1 Tbsp of runny hydrated clay with a glass of water on an empty stomach – once in the morning and once at night before bed. Once the symptoms have improved, trial dropping the clay down to 1 dose at night before bed and gradually phase out. To make up the clay, use the instruction under How to use our clay internally.
- Take a quality probiotic at 2 caps 2 x daily for the first 2 days. Once the symptoms ease, reduce this to 1 cap daily with food. Continuing the probiotic daily at 1 cap is a good idea after the issue has resolved.
- Have a look at our Medicine Chest Smoothie. This is a great way to provide easily digested healing nutrients for a senstive stomach. Add 2ml of Purely Earth Essential Detox Minerals to the smoothie recipe. These will aid the immune system and ensure the liver can cope with the increased toxin load from the infection.
- Ensure plenty of fluid intake. If the diarrhea and vomiting is extreme or ongoing, Endura electrolytes are excellent. This should be given after each bout of vomiting and/or diarrhea at the dose stated on the product. (If vomiting and diarrhea continue, always seek medical help).
- Use Purely Earth Diatomaceous Earth and Purely Earth Clay internally. Mix the 2 powders together and add enough water to make a runny paste. Mix up around a cup of paste at a time and keep the extra in the fridge. It will keep for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Take 1 Tbsp of the mix by putting it on to the tongue and swallowing it with plenty of water 2-3 times daily preferably on an empty stomach. This is an important part of the treatment because pathogenic bacteria will form colonies in the bowel within a sugary film called a bio-film as part of their protection mechanism. This powder assists with breaking the bio-films up and is easy to use. This mix acts as an efficient “mop” for toxins in general.
- To address residual infection, use Dr. Wilson’s Body Guard at 15 drops 4 x daily in water away from food. Do this for 3 weeks.
- Use Dr. Wilson’s Squeaky Clean to help repopulate the gut with the right bugs and to help clean the gut lining.
- Use 2 ml of Purely Earth Essential Detox Minerals daily. These aid the immune system and ensure the liver can cope with the increased toxin load from the infection.
- Ensure plenty of fluid intake.
For more details about working with Sarah, go to Sarah’s clinic site www.selfhealclinic.co.nz.
Using the above information may result in a reduced need for medication due to improved nutrition. We advise that appropriate monitoring be put in place. For example: If you have high blood pressure which is being controlled through mediation, get a cheap blood pressure cuff and monitor any changes at home. If your blood pressure drops, ask your doctor to reduce your medication accordingly. If you are on thyroid medication or cholesterol lowering medication, get your blood levels tested regularly.
© Purely Earth Ltd. This document may be copied and used as a patient handout in its entirety but is not to be replicated on any other websites or publishing media either in full or part without our permission.