Please note: A number of other websites refer to using bentonite clay. Please DO NOT substitute their guidelines or product for ours. Our clay is stronger in its action than a lot of other clays, different in its texture and the way it behaves. Our guidelines are designed to work with our products.
This guideline has been written by our practitioner Sarah Beesley (MHD Hons) to provide a comprehensive approach. The best result is gained when the whole guideline is followed. Please be aware that results may vary and that if you have any other pre-exisiting conditions, we advise working with a trained practitioner.
The following information is not intended to diagnose any condition or to replace the advice of your doctor.
Nappy rash is most commonly caused by an over-growth of Candida yeast on the skin due to having a warm, moist, enclosed environment in the nappies. It often goes hand-in-hand with Cradle cap which is caused by the same yeast.
The First Step – Reducing the Yeast on the Skin
- Use Purely Earth Clay as a clay bath every 2 days for 1 month. If using a baby bath rather than a full size bath, use a half cup of clay powder per bath. The baths help to relieve the irritation and make the skin a less pleasant place for the yeast to grow. For instruction on how to make and use a clay bath, Click Here
- Use Purely Earth Vitamin E Cream after each nappy change and dust Purely Earth Clay on the bottom after applying the cream, just as you would talcum powder. Do NOT use talcum powder or any of the standard baby products. These are usually sources of metals and chemicals.
- Allow the baby to spend some time with no naps on in a warm environment for a short time each day.
Stop Feeding the Yeast
- Remove all sugar and refined or packet foods from the diet. This includes the mother’s diet if she is breast feeding. Make the diet primarily green and colourful vegetables, fruit and quality protein foods, and reduce the amount of cereals and baked goods.
- If the rashes are recurrent or prove difficult to control, use our Food and Chemical Sensitivity Test to help with identifying and removing inflammatory foods and substances. Persistent Candida infections are more likely to occur when the there are inflammatory foods in the diet because these alter the immune function.
Get the Good Bugs
- Good bacteria in the gut helps to control the yeast in and on the body. We recommend using Nature’s Way Primodophilus for Kids which can be ordered through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strengthen the Immune System and Digestion
- We recommend Purely Earth Essential Detox Minerals to provide important immune supporting and digestion-enhancing minerals. Many children who are susceptible to yeast infections are low in these minerals. Use them at 1 drop per kilo of body weight into a little water or diluted juice. Syringe the diluted minerals gently into the baby’s mouth if necessary.
For more details about working with Sarah, go to www.selfhealclinic.co.nz.
© Purely Earth Ltd. This document may be copied and used as a patient handout in its entirety but is not to be replicated on any other websites or publishing media either in full or part without our permission.