Please note: A number of other websites refer to using bentonite clay. Please DO NOT substitute their guidelines or product for ours. Our clay is stronger in its action than a lot of other clays, different in its texture and the way it behaves. Our guidelines are designed to work with our products.
This guideline has been written by our practitioner Sarah Beesley (MHD Hons) to provide a comprehensive approach. The best result is gained when the whole guideline is followed. Please be aware that results may vary and that if you have any other pre-exisiting conditions, we advise working with a trained practitioner. The following information is not intended to diagnose any condition or to replace the advice of your doctor.
Gum disease is most common in people with poor digestion, poor mineral levels and low Vitamin C levels. All of these things serve to make the gum tissue weak and susceptible to infection. We use our clay for cleaning up infection in the gums and reducing the bacterial levels in the mouth and resolve gum disease fully by addressing the nutritional weakness as well.
Start by Packing the Gums
- Make the clay into a paste as you would for a pack.
- Dry the gums with a paper towel or tissue and then pack the clay up under the lips and pat it firmly into the gums and teeth back and front. It is best to do this at home so you can leave it on for a good hour. Some of the clay may move around the mouth – just spit it out. The clay that has been patted into the gum line will continue to work.
- Remove by gently wiping out any larger bits of clay and then gently cleaning the teeth and gums with a soft brush.
- Pack daily until the gum problem is resolved.
- Use Purely Earth Clay to make a tooth paste and use it twice a day. Keep this in a small air tight pottle in the bathroom cupboard. Renew it each week. (You can make bulk tooth paste and store it in the fridge for up to 6 months if there are clove and peppermint essential oils added to it. Use this to refill your weekly pot).
- Use Purely Earth Essential Detox Minerals to provide important immune supporting minerals.
- Take Silica to strengthen the structure of the teeth and gums.
- Use 2000-3000 mg of Vitamin C daily in 2 divided doses to strengthen the gum tissue and immune function.
- Take the correct balance of magnesium and calcium to improve the pH of the body.
- Get more nutrients. Have a look at our Medicine Chest Smoothie. Green vegetables are the best source of bio-available calcium, so load up on the greens. The smoothie is a tasty way to do this.
- Address any signs of weak digestion such as reflux, bloating, gas and indigestion. This may be done by using Betaine HCL or 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar (ACV) in water before each meal and increases the uptake of minerals through the digestive system. For those with a history of ulcers or who are using antacid medications, we recommend an appointment with our practitioner Sarah before you try either of these.
For more details about working with Sarah, go to www.selfhealclinic.co.nz.
© Purely Earth Ltd. This document may be copied and used as a patient handout in its entirety but is not to be replicated on any other websites or publishing media either in full or part without our permission.