Please note: A number of other websites refer to using bentonite clay. Please DO NOT substitute their guidelines or product for ours. Our clay is stronger in its action than a lot of other clays, different in its texture and the way it behaves. Our guidelines are designed to work with our products.
This guideline has been written by our practitioner Sarah Beesley to provide a comprehensive approach. The best result is gained when the whole guideline is followed. The following information is not intended to diagnose any condition or to replace the advice of your doctor.
Click here for customer feedback on using clay for this condition.
What are Skin Cancers?
There are three types of skin cancer: squamous cell carcinoma, basal cell carcinoma, and melanoma. Each type is unique, produces different symptoms, and has varying treatment methods. All suspected skin cancers should be checked by a health professional.
Basal Cell Carcinoma
Accounting for more than 75% of skin cancers diagnosed, basal cell carcinoma is the most commonly developed skin cancer. These carcinomas are most commonly found on the face, neck, and hands. It is considered highly treatable and rarely spreads to other parts of the body. Symptoms include a sore that oozes or bleeds, a redness area that is irritated, a yellow or white area that resembles a scar, and a pink pearly bump.
Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Squamous cell carcinoma is the second most common type of skin cancer. This skin cancer type usually develops in places on the body that have been exposed to the sun like the ears, the face and the mouth, but can develop anywhere on the body. Symptoms include a bump that turns in to an open sore – ulceration, reddish, flat spot that is sometimes crusty, a bump that gets larger or a sore that won’t heal. When left untreated, it can spread quickly to other parts of the body, like the lymphatic system, bloodstream, and nerve routes.
Melanoma is the most dangerous and deadly type of skin cancer. It can develop on any part of the body; however the arms, legs and trunk are the most common areas affected. When detected early, it is considered highly treatable. Symptoms include a mole, freckle, or new/existing spot that changes color in size, shape, and color. It may have an irregular outline and may be more than one color.
How Purely Earth Clay Can Help
Purely Earth clay has been used to reduce the healing time of wound sites where cancers have been removed. We have also had instances where suspected Basal Cell and Squamous Cell cancers have been packed with our clay and have been resolved. There is one such example in our Customer Reviews section. However, we reiterate that all suspected cancers must be properly checked and Melanomas must NEVER be treated without your doctor’s supervision.
If using our clay to pack Basal Cell or Squamous Cell carcinomas we recommend that the clay be used as a pack which is applied thickly and left on overnight. In the morning remove the clay and apply Iosol iodine to the skin. Repeat daily until completely resolved. If there is not substantial change within 10 days, ensure you seek medical advice. For information on how to use and make a clay pack Click Here.
If you have been given a topical cream or blood root paste to remove the cancer you can use the clay at night in the same way as outlined above. This will ease the irritation caused by the other treatment and will aid the healing of the surrounding skin. Once the other treatment is finished, continue the clay packing until the area is resolved.
If you have had a cancer surgically removed you can use the clay as a pack daily for 2 hours each time to assist healing of the wound site. Apply Iosol iodine by dabbing it on to the area after removing the clay. Doing the clay and Iodine will also reduce the risk of infection.
Treating From the Inside Out
The body is designed to identify and remove cells which have become cancerous. However, certain nutrients and minerals are required to ensure this process goes smoothly. The following is a guide which provides the key nutrients involved in pre-programmed cell death (apoptosis) and detoxification. There is more and more evidence coming into the arena which points to the role chemicals play in the onset of cancer because of the oxidative stress and DNA damage they can create.
- Use Purely Earth Essential Detox Minerals internally. These provide all of the most commonly deficient minerals required to run the digestive enzymes and liver enzymes. Better enzyme function results in healthier cells. Use 2 ml of the liquid per day for adults. Put into water or diluted juice.
- We often find that more zinc is required. If you have white spots on your nails, use Zinc Picolinate (a special form of zinc) at 1 cap daily for adults.
- Include Iosol iodine drops in your regime daily. We recommend 2-4 drops daily taken in water away from food. Iodine is essential for regulating cell growth and programmed cell death (apoptosis).
- Eat lots of green and colourful vegetables and a good quality protein at least 2 times a day.
- Avoid food that comes in packets. Eat food that is as close to its natural form as possible. This means it contains more nutrients and less added toxins and a better resource base for your body to use.
- Make sure you drink adequate water. Your body needs this to make digestive juices and to clear acidic wastes.
- Include a small amount of Celtic salt as part of your diet. Your body needs the chloride it provides to make digestive juices. Do not use table salt – it is high in aluminium and is lacking in trace minerals.
Restore the Immune System Balance
- Use Dr. Wilson’s Squeaky Clean to populate the gut with the right bacteria and to sweep the gut lining clean. We recommend using this in conjunction with our clay taken internally which effectively binds toxins in the gut. The gut environment is integral to the way your immune system works.
- Use 1500 – 2000 mg of our liposomal Vitamin C daily.
- Remove allergens from the diet and avoid chemicals where ever possible.
Do not underestimate the effects of stress on your body. This can be stress due to a chronic inflammatory condition (think pain, tenderness, redness, swelling or aching), being over-busy, not breathing properly, eating foods that cause you problems, a lack of sleep, dehydration, infection, loneliness, or feeling emotionally vulnerable or unsupported.
Take Steps to Nourish Yourself
- Assess what must stay in your life and what can go.
- Assess whether the things that you think must stay, nourish you or deplete you and reassess if necessary.
- Provide a quiet space in every day that does not involve electrical devices. This allows your nervous system time to unwind.
- Seek out things, animals or people that make you laugh.
- Eat mainly food that does not come in a packet. Nature knows best how to provide balance; manufactured food does not.
- Eat regularly through the day and make good food a priority, not an inconvenience to be squeezed in amongst other activities.
- Avoid inflammatory foods – things you know you are intolerant to, or which make you feel sluggish, moody, affect your bowel or cause flare-ups of a health condition.
- Move your body without the exercise stressing it further. Exercise in a way that makes you feel good, not tired. Increase the exercise level gradually as your energy level builds.
- BREATHE DEEP. Breathing deep sends a signal to your body that you are safe. Shallow or fast breathing does the opposite. Your stress glands and nervous system will respond accordingly.
- Go to sleep before 10 pm and get up before 7 am. Your body clock requires this of you even if your head says otherwise. 1 hour of sleep prior to 12 am is worth 2 hours after 12 am in terms of the rest it provides. Avoid interaction with electrical devices (phones, computers, TV, play station, X Box, iPad, iPod and the like) for 1 hour prior to sleep and remove as many electrical devices from your bedroom as you can. DO NOT sleep with a light on and cover all digital light displays in your room, or even better, remove them.
If the above guideline does not cover everything for you, we recommend you contact our practitioner Sarah to help you further. For more details about working with Sarah, go to www.selfhealclinic.co.nz.
Using the above information may result in a reduced need for medication due to improved nutrition. We advise that appropriate monitoring be put in place. For example: If you have high blood pressure which is being controlled through mediation, get a cheap blood pressure cuff and monitor any changes at home. If your blood pressure drops, ask your doctor to reduce your medication accordingly. If you are on thyroid medication or cholesterol lowering medication, get your blood levels tested regularly.
© Purely Earth Ltd. This document may be copied and used as a patient handout in its entirety but is not to be replicated on any other websites or publishing media either in full or part without our permission.