Please note: A number of other websites refer to using bentonite clay. Please DO NOT substitute their guidelines or product for ours. Our clay is stronger in its action than a lot of other clays, different in its texture and the way it behaves. Our guidelines are designed to work with our products.
This guideline has been written by our practitioner Sarah Beesley (MHD Hons) to provide a comprehensive approach. The best result is gained when the whole guideline is followed. Please be aware that results may vary and that if you have any other pre-exisiting conditions, we advise working with a trained practitioner.
The following information is not intended to diagnose any condition or to replace the advice of your doctor.
What are Boils?
Boils are caused by small pockets of bacterial infection within the follicles of the skin. They are most commonly caused by a Staphylococcus bacteria infection that in our opinion, has got out of hand as a result of an immune function that is under nourished and out of balance. The standard treatment is lancing (opening) the boils and treating with antibiotics. If boils are treated this way and the immune problem is not addressed, the boils will often re-appear in new places or repetitively in the same area.
The First Step
- Pack the affected area with Purely Earth Clay daily until the boil has healed. This may need to be done for several days. Leave the clay on overnight if you can. For how to make and use a clay pack Click Here
- We recommend doing 2-3 clay baths per week for 30 minutes each time until the boils cease to occur. This will help to reduce the amount of Staph bacteria on the skin. For how to make and use a clay bath Click Here.
Supporting the Immune System
- We recommend using Purely Earth Essential Detox Minerals. They are a unique ionic mineral formulation which provides all of the most commonly deficient minerals required to run the immune system and liver enzymes. Use 2 ml of the liquid per day for adults and 1 drop per kilo of body weight for children under 10. Put into water or diluted juice.
- Use 1000 – 1500 mg of liposomal Vitamin C 2 x daily for adults and 500 mg 1-2 x daily for children under 10.
- Get blood iron and stored iron levels checked because iron is required for healthy immune function. DO NOT supplement iron unless testing tells you that it is definitely needed.
- Eat yellow and orange vegetables daily to provide adequate vitamin A.
- Remove any inflammatory foods. To help with identifying these, get our Food and Chemical Sensitivity Test done. In our experience this is a must. Leaving inflammatory foods in the diet will alter the immune function and prevent it from doing its job properly on the bacterial front.
Cleaning up the Gut and Liver
- Using Purely Earth Clay internally can help to clean up the digestive tract. In our experience, there is usually an overgrowth of Staph bacteria and other bad bacteria in the gut as well on the skin. For dosing and how to use Purely Earth Clay internally Click Here
- Use Dr. Wilson’s Squeaky Clean to furnish the bowel with the right flora and to sweep the surfaces of the gut clean. Take 1-2 caps 2 x daily with food and water.
- Use Milk Thistle at 2 caps 2 x daily to assist the liver in removing bacteria and wastes from the blood stream. For maintenance use 2-3 caps daily.
- Eat lots of green and colourful vegetables and a good quality protein at least 2 times a day. We do not recommend protein-deficient diets because protein is an essential nutrient required for immune function, repair, digestion and detoxification. If you choose to go vegetarian, get some good advice about how to get adequate protein within your diet changes. The World Health Organisation Standard is 1 gm of protein value per kilo of body weight. This means a 60 kg person requires a minimum of 60 gm of protein value per day in their diet. A palm size piece of fish for example, contains around 25 gm of protein content and 100 gm of tofu contains 10 gm.
- Avoid food that comes in packets. Eat food that is as close to its natural form as possible. This means it contains more nutrients and less added toxins and a better resource base for your body to use.
- Avoid sugary foods or beverages. These generally make boils worse because sugar has a suppressive effect on the immune system.
- Make sure you drink adequate water. Your body needs this to make digestive juices and to clear acidic wastes.
- Include a small amount of Celtic or Maldon salt as part of your diet. Your body needs the chloride it provides to make digestive juices. Do not use table salt – it is high in aluminium and is lacking in trace minerals.
Do not underestimate the effects of stress on your body. Stress can suppress the immune system. Stress can be due to a chronic inflammatory condition (think pain, tenderness, redness, swelling or aching), being over-busy, not breathing properly, eating foods that cause you problems, a lack of sleep, dehydration, another infection, loneliness, or feeling emotionally vulnerable or unsupported.
Take Steps to Nourish Yourself
- Assess what must stay in your life and what can go.
- Assess whether the things that you think must stay, nourish you or deplete you and reassess if necessary.
- Provide a quiet space in every day that does not involve electrical devices. This allows your nervous system time to unwind.
- Seek out things, animals or people that make you laugh.
- Eat mainly food that does not come in a packet. Nature knows best how to provide balance; manufactured food does not.
- Eat regularly through the day and make good food a priority, not an inconvenience to be squeezed in amongst other activities.
- Avoid inflammatory foods – things you know you are intolerant to, or which make you feel sluggish, moody, affect your bowel or cause flare-ups of a health condition.
- Move your body without the exercise stressing it further. Exercise in a way that makes you feel good, not tired. Increase the exercise level gradually as your energy level builds.
- BREATHE DEEP. Breathing deep sends a signal to your body that you are safe. Shallow or fast breathing does the opposite. Your stress glands and nervous system will respond accordingly.
- Go to sleep before 10 pm and get up before 7 am. Your body clock requires this of you even if your head says otherwise. 1 hour of sleep prior to 12 am is worth 2 hours after 12 am in terms of the rest it provides. Avoid interaction with electrical devices (phones, computers, TV, play station, X Box, iPad, iPod and the like) for 1 hour prior to sleep and remove as many electrical devices from your bedroom as you can. DO NOT sleep with a light on and cover all digital light displays in your room, or even better, remove them.
If the above guideline does not clear the problem for you, we recommend you contact our practitioner Sarah . Persistent boils are a sign of a body chemistry imbalance. For more details about working with Sarah, go to www.selfhealclinic.co.nz.
Using the above information may result in a reduced need for medication due to improved nutrition. We advise that appropriate monitoring be put in place. For example: If you have high blood pressure which is being controlled through mediation, get a cheap blood pressure cuff and monitor any changes at home. If your blood pressure drops, ask your doctor to reduce your medication accordingly. If you are on thyroid medication or cholesterol lowering medication, get your blood levels tested regularly.
© Purely Earth Ltd. This document may be copied and used as a patient handout in its entirety but is not to be replicated on any other websites or publishing media either in full or part without our permission.