Please note: A number of other websites refer to using bentonite clay. Please DO NOT substitute their guidelines or product for ours. Our clay is stronger in its action than a lot of other clays, different in its texture and the way it behaves. Our guidelines are designed to work with our products.
This guideline has been written by our practitioner Sarah Beesley (MHD Hons) to provide a comprehensive approach. The best result is gained when the whole guideline is followed.
The following information is not intended to diagnose any condition or to replace the advice of your doctor.
Mouth ulcers are caused by many things but the approach is usually the same regardless of the reason.
Things to Check
- If you wear dentures, make sure these are fitting correctly as ill-fitting dentures can cause ulcers.
- Cut down on stress. Put counter measures in place and remove things that are not a priority. Get counselling or life-coaching if necessary to assist with stress management.
- If you are a Coeliac sufferer, mouth ulcers can repeatedly occur because of the digestive issues associated with that condition. If this is the case for you, we recommend you make an appointment to speak with Sarah.
Things to Do
- Pack the area with Purely Earth Healing Clay and leave in place for up to 1 hour daily. For instruction on making a pack click here.
- Use the clay as a toothpaste.
- Use Purely Earth Essential Detox Minerals. They are a unique ionic mineral formulation which provides all of the most commonly deficient minerals required to run the digestive enzymes and liver enzymes and contain an easily absorbed form of zinc in balance with its mineral partners. Use 2 ml of the liquid per day for adults and 1 drop per kg of body weight for children under 10. Put into water or diluted juice.
- Use 1500 – 2000 mg of Vitamin C daily.
- Take activated B vitamins to support the health of the mouth membranes. B Vitamins are often depleted by stress which is why stress can cause mouth ulcers.
- Eat plenty of yellow and orange vegetables to provide vitamin A.
For more details about working with Sarah, go to www.selfhealclinic.co.nz.
© Purely Earth Ltd. This document may be copied and used as a patient handout in its entirety but is not to be replicated on any other websites or publishing media either in full or part without our permission.