Please note: A number of other websites refer to using bentonite clay. Please DO NOT substitute their guidelines or product for ours. Our clay is stronger in its action than a lot of other clays, different in its texture and the way it behaves. Our guidelines are designed to work with our products.
This guideline has been written by our practitioner Sarah Beesley (MHD Hons) to provide a comprehensive approach. The best result is gained when the whole guideline is followed.
The following information is not intended to diagnose any condition or to replace the advice of your doctor.
The Cause of Bad Breath
Bad breath is usually a result of poor digestion, an overgrowth of oral bacteria and/or an infected tooth or gums.
The First Step
- Use Purely Earth Clay internally to help clean up the digestive tract. For how to use Purely Earth Clay internally Click Here
- Use Purely Earth Clay as a tooth paste to assist with the control of bio-films (bacteria) in the mouth. For how to make the tooth paste Click Here
- Get your teeth checked thoroughly by a reputable dentist. Root canals or old fillings can often harbour infections which create bad breath. Do not take “no” for an answer if you have obvious discomfort in the gums or teeth and seek a second opinion if necessary.
Improving Your Digestion
- Address any signs of weak digestion such as bloating, gas and indigestion. Betaine HCL or 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar (ACV) in water before each meal can be helpful here, and will help to improve the uptake of minerals through the digestive system. For those with a history of reflux, stomach or bowel ulcers or who are using antacid medications, we recommend an appointment with our practitioner Sarah before you try either of these.
- Use Purely Earth Essential Detox Minerals to provide the essential minerals that assist the detoxification and digestive processes. Use 2 ml for adults and 1 drop per kilo of body weight for children under 10. Put into water or diluted juice.
- Chew your food thoroughly. Poorly chewed food puts more stress on the digestive system and can add to bad breath.
- Take activated B vitamins to support digestive enzyme function.
- Eat lots of green and colourful vegetables and a good quality protein at least 2 times a day. We do not recommend protein-deficient diets because protein is an essential nutrient required for repair, digestion and detoxification. If you choose to go vegetarian, get some good advice about how to get adequate protein within your diet changes. The World Health Organisation Standard is 1gm of protein value per kilo of body weight. This means a 60 kg person requires a minimum of 60 gm of protein value per day in their diet. A palm size piece of fish for example, contains around 25 gm of protein content.
- Avoid food that comes in packets. Eat food that is as close to its natural form as possible. This means it contains more nutrients and less added toxins and a better resource base for your body to use.
- Avoid heavy meals, alcohol and sugary foods or beverages. These make the bad breath worse.
- Minimise the amount of grain foods you eat. These contain compounds which can inhibit nutrient uptake.
- Make sure you drink adequate water. Your body needs this to make digestive juices and to clear acidic wastes.
- Include a small amount of Celtic or Maldon salt as part of your diet. Your body needs the chloride it provides to make digestive juices. Do not use table salt – it is high in aluminium and is lacking in trace minerals.
If the above treatment outline does not clear the problem for you, we recommend you contact our practitioner Sarah.
Using the above information may result in a reduced need for medication due to improved nutrition. We advise that appropriate monitoring be put in place. For example: If you have high blood pressure which is being controlled through mediation, get a cheap blood pressure cuff and monitor any changes at home. If your blood pressure drops, ask your doctor to reduce your medication accordingly. If you are on thyroid medication or cholesterol lowering medication, get your blood levels tested regularly.
© Purely Earth Ltd. This document may be copied and used as a patient handout in its entirety but is not to be replicated on any other websites or publishing media either in full or part without our permission.