Lugols 2% Iodine Solution 100 ml
Iodine is a mineral known to be deficient in many of New Zealand’s soils. It is essential for the health of the thyroid gland and gland health in general, and the detoxification of hormones, chemicals and metals through the liver. A deficiency is strongly implicated in hormonal-type cancers such as breast cancer and prostate cancer.
Iodine is a mineral known to be deficient in many of New Zealand’s soils. It is essential for the health of the thyroid gland and gland health in general, and the detoxification of hormones, chemicals and metals through the liver. A deficiency of iodine is strongly implicated in hormonal-type cancers such as breast cancer and prostate cancer. Lugol’s iodine is an effective way to boost iodine levels.
Lugol’s Iodine, also known as Lugol’s Solution was first made in 1829 and is a solution of elemental iodine and potassium iodide in water. Lugol’s iodine solution is often used as an antiseptic and disinfectant and for emergency disinfection of drinking water. Lugol’s Solution has been used in more recent times to replenish iodine in iodine deficiency.
Lugol’s Iodine may be applied topically or taken orally. It should always be diluted when being used internally, as concentrated Lugol’s is irritating to the gastric mucosa.
Important Notes Regarding Lugol’s Iodine Use
- Internal iodine should preferably be taken on an empty stomach, at least 20 minutes before food.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Lugol’s solution – rub a drop into back of forearm and leave for 24 hours to see if there is any reaction.
- For internal doses, always take Lugol’s in at least 100 ml of water or add to a low-vitamin C smoothie.
- Don’t take iodine at the same time as Vitamin C supplements – this will negate the disinfectant effect of iodine. Take the vitamin C at least 2 hours before or after taking Lugol’ solution.
- You can add 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar to the Lugol’s water to assist uptake of the iodine.
- Keep out of direct sunlight. No need to refrigerate.
- The iodine used in our Lugol’s Solution is derived from mined crystals, not from shellfish or kelp.
How to use Lugol’s Iodine
- To use as a water purifier add 3 drops per litre of water.
- To use orally, always dilute in at least 100 ml of water. For maintenance take 1 drop every 1-2 days. To correct iodine deficiency take Lugol’s iodine as recommended by your health practitioner. Doses higher than 1 drop daily should not be taken without practitioner supervision.
- To use dermally, paint a large coin size patch of iodine on to the sole of the foot, inner thigh or inside of the elbow. Do not re-paint until the patch has gone. If irritation occurs, stop use and consult your health practitioner.
- Purely Earth Lugol’s Iodine can be used topically as a spray as a wound disinfectant. Dilute by 50% first.
The above information is not intended to diagnose any condition or to replace the advice of your doctor.