Please note: A number of other websites refer to using bentonite clay. Please DO NOT substitute their guidelines or product for ours. Our clay is stronger in its action than a lot of other clays, different in its texture and the way it behaves. Our guidelines are designed to work with our products.
This guideline has been written by our practitioner Sarah Beesley to provide a comprehensive approach. The best result is gained when the whole guideline is followed. The following information is not intended to diagnose any condition or to replace the advice of your doctor.
Click here for customer feedback on using clay for this condition.
To heal any type of wound, your body needs nutrients and the ability to get them into the tissue. Purely Earth Clay helps to remove dead and dying tissue and wastes from the wound area, and to increase the passage of healthy new blood into the tissue. In this way, it helps to bring nutrients and oxygen into the tissue and facilitate faster healing.
Improving Healing and Reducing the Risk of Infection
- Use Purely Earth Clay as a clay pack every night or for several hours during the day every day until the wound has gone. It is advised that a permeable gauze be applied to the site before applying the clay if the wound is deep, although this is not essential. It just makes the clay easier to remove. The clay should be the consistency of putty and applied thickly on to the wound and the surrounding tissue. Cover the clay (where possible) with plastic food wrap or a bandage to keep it moist, and if practical put a stretchy tube bandage over the area. You can buy these from most pharmacies.
- The clay should be gently removed using warm water. Once the clay is removed, the site can be left open to the air or a light breathable bandage applied during the day. The best bandage is a single gauze layer that allows the burn to dry out and form a scab. The size of the wound should gradually shrink and the clay will help to stop infection from setting in during this process. DO NOT use topical creams on the wound. For how to make the clay pack Click here.
Provide the Essential Healing Nutrients
- We recommend using Purely Earth Essential Detox Minerals. We have found these to be invaluable in treating wounds alongside the clay because they provide all of the most commonly deficient minerals required to assist with the knitting of tissue and to run the digestive enzymes and liver enzymes. Use 2 ml of the liquid per day for adults and 1 drop per kilo of body weight for children under 10. Put into water or diluted juice.
- Use Lumina Cell Food Silica to assist with building strong tissue.
- Take activated B vitamins to support enzyme function.
- Use 1500 – 2000 mg of liposomal Vitamin C daily.
- Take 3000 mg daily of a quality fish oil product. Check that it has been refridgerated and screened for metals.
- Eat lots of green and colourful vegetables and a good quality protein at least 2 times a day. We do not recommend protein-deficient diets because protein is an essential nutrient required for repair, digestion and detoxification. If you choose to go vegetarian, get some good advice about how to get adequate protein within your diet changes. The World Health Organisation Standard is 1 gm of protein value per kilo of body weight. This means a 60 kg person requires a minimum of 60 gm of protein value per day in their diet. A palm size piece of fish for example, contains around 25 gm of protein content.
- Avoid food that comes in packets. Eat food that is as close to its natural form as possible. This means it contains more nutrients and less added toxins and a better resource base for your body to use.
- Make sure you drink adequate water. Your body needs this to make digestive juices and to clear acidic wastes.
- Include a small amount of Celtic or Maldon salt as part of your diet. Your body needs the chloride it provides to make digestive juices. Do not use table salt – it is high in aluminium and is lacking in trace minerals.
Correct the Digestion
- Address any signs of weak digestion such as reflux, bloating, gas and indigestion. This may be done by using Betaine HCL or 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar (ACV) in water before each meal and increases the uptake of minerals through the digestive system. For those with a history of ulcers or who are using antacid medications, we recommend an appointment with our practitioner Sarah before you try Betaine.
Do not underestimate the effects of stress on your body. This can be stress due to a chronic inflammatory condition (think pain, tenderness, redness, swelling or aching), being over-busy, not breathing properly, eating foods that cause you problems, a lack of sleep, dehydration, infection, loneliness, or feeling emotionally vulnerable or unsupported.
Take Steps to Nourish Yourself
- Assess what must stay in your life and what can go.
- Assess whether the things that you think must stay, nourish you or deplete you and reassess if necessary.
- Provide a quiet space in every day that does not involve electrical devices. This allows your nervous system time to unwind.
- Seek out things, animals or people that make you laugh.
- Eat mainly food that does not come in a packet. Nature knows best how to provide balance; manufactured food does not.
- Eat regularly through the day and make good food a priority, not an inconvenience to be squeezed in amongst other activities.
- Avoid inflammatory foods – things you know you are intolerant to, or which make you feel sluggish, moody, affect your bowel or cause flare-ups of a health condition.
- Move your body without the exercise stressing it further. Exercise in a way that makes you feel good, not tired. Increase the exercise level gradually as your energy level builds.
- BREATHE DEEP. Breathing deep sends a signal to your body that you are safe. Shallow or fast breathing does the opposite. Your stress glands and nervous system will respond accordingly.
- Go to sleep before 10 pm and get up before 7 am. Your body clock requires this of you even if your head says otherwise. 1 hour of sleep prior to 12 am is worth 2 hours after 12 am in terms of the rest it provides. Avoid interaction with electrical devices (phones, computers, TV, play station, X Box, iPad, iPod and the like) for 1 hour prior to sleep and remove as many electrical devices from your bedroom as you can. DO NOT sleep with a light on and cover all digital light displays in your room, or even better, remove them.
Using the above protocol may result in a reduced need for medication you may be using. We advise that appropriate monitoring be put in place. For example: If you have high blood pressure which is being controlled through mediation, get a cheap blood pressure cuff and monitor any changes at home. If your blood pressure drops, ask your doctor to reduce your medication accordingly. If you are on thyroid medication or cholesterol lowering medication, get your blood levels tested regularly.
© Purely Earth Ltd. This document may be copied and used as a patient handout in its entirety but is not to be replicated on any other websites or publishing media either in full or part without our permission.