Please note: A number of other websites refer to using bentonite clay. Please DO NOT substitute their guidelines or product for ours. Our clay is stronger in its action than a lot of other clays, different in its texture and the way it behaves. Our guidelines are designed to work with our products.
This guideline has been written by our practitioner Sarah Beesley (MHD Hons) to provide a comprehensive approach. The best result is gained when the whole guideline is followed. The following information is not intended to diagnose any condition or to replace the advice of your doctor.
Click here for customer feedback on using clay for this condition.
What is Cradle Cap?
Cradle cap is the name given to a severe overgrowth of yeast on the scalp. The yeast causes scaly, greasy plaques to form which unless treated correctly, can be very difficult to remove completely. In our experience cradle cap is generally indicative of a disturbed body flora and an internal yeast load. The general body environment must be corrected.
The First Step
- Use Purely Earth Clay to pack the child’s scalp daily for a good half to one hour each day until the problem is resolved. This can be done prior to a bath so that the clay can be removed during the bath.
- Follow with Purely Earth Vitamin E Cream.
- Continue until the plaques have completely gone.
- Use Purely Earth Essential Detox Minerals to provide the minerals required to strengthen the digestion, detoxification and immune systems. Use at 1-2 drops per kilo of body weight for children under 12. These can be put into water, diluted juice or bottle feeds. For babies they can also be put into a little water and gently syringed into the mouth. Continue the minerals after the issue has resolved as a maintenance item.
If the Infection is Chronic
If the cradle cap proves hard to clear it is likely that an internal yeast load needs to be addressed.
- Use Purely Earth Essential Detox Minerals to provide the minerals required to strengthen the digestion, detoxification and immune systems. Use at 1 drop per kilo of body weight for children under 10. These can be put into water, diluted juice or bottle feeds. For babies they can be put into a little water and gently syringed into the mouth.
- Yeasts and bacteria will form colonies in the bowel within a sugary film called a bio-film as part of their protection mechanism. Use Purely Earth Diatomaceous Earth at 1 flat tsp of the powder for children over 2 years in a little water or diluted juice daily through out the cleanse process to help clear the bio-films in the bowel. For babies this can be reduced to a ½ tsp and added to a bottle feed or syringed into the mouth.
- Do this alongside a probiotic and continue the probiotic for 3-4 months or longer if required.
- Remove any fungus-feeding foods. These include any foods made with sugar, most baked items, white or yellow cereals, sugary cereals, bread, alcohol and yeast-containing foods.
- Address any digestive issues such as colic, spilling, bloating and gas, abdominal pain, constipation or irritable bowel. Make an appointment with our practitioner Sarah for advice on this if necessary.
- Please ensure the child’s bowel is moving every day and seek help from our practitioner Sarah to achieve this if necessary.
- Long term, maintain a diet which is high in vegetables, good quality protein, root vegetables and which contains a small amount of fruit. Avoid sugars, grain foods, processed foods and food allergens.
More details about working with Sarah are available at www.selfhealclinic.co.nz.
© Purely Earth Ltd. This document may be copied and used as a patient handout in its entirety but is not to be replicated on any other websites or publishing media either in full or part without our permission.