Please note: A number of other websites refer to using bentonite clay. Please DO NOT substitute their guidelines or product for ours. Our clay is stronger in its action than a lot of other clays, different in its texture and the way it behaves. Our guidelines are designed to work with our products.
This guideline has been written by our practitioner Sarah Beesley (MHD Hons) to provide a comprehensive approach. The best result is gained when the whole guideline is followed.
The following information is not intended to diagnose any condition or to replace the advice of your doctor.
These are often the result of wearing loose or badly fitting foot wear if on the feet. We recommend that you change any shoes that cause constriction or rubbing.
The First Step
- Pack the area with a thick layer of hydrated Purely Earth Clay. Cover with plastic food wrap and a sock, and leave on for 2-3 hours. You can walk around on it. Repeat 1-2 x daily until the thick skin has gone. In our experience this could take up to a couple of weeks. For how to make and use a clay pack Click Here.
- After removing the clay, apply Purely Earth Vitamin E Cream to the area to nourish the skin and rub in well. Continue with the cream after the hardened area has resolved.
Cracked and Bleeding Heels
In our experience, cracked and bleeding heels are a nutrient deficiency sign. We have found that secondary bacterial or fungal infections can be present which will make them worse.
- Pack the area with a thick layer of hydrated Purely Earth Clay. The clay will help to remove the dead skin and to control any infection present. Cover with plastic food wrap and a sock, and leave on for 2-3 hours. You can walk around on it. Repeat daily until the cracks have gone. In our experience this could take up to 3-4 weeks. For how to make and use a clay pack Click Here.
- After removing the clay apply Purely Earth Vitamin E Cream to the area to nourish the skin and rub in well. Continue the cream after the issue has resolved.
- Take 3000 mg of quality fish oil daily with food. Remove all vegetable oils except olive oil, flaxseed oil, hemp seed oil and avocado oil from your diet and reduce saturated fatty foods.
- Use 1500 – 2000 mg of Vitamin C.
- Take a complete profile Vitamin E capsule daily.
- Use Purely Earth Essential Detox Minerals at 2 ml daily in water or diluted juice to provide minerals to assist with the tissue knitting together well.
- Eat lots of green and colourful vegetables and a good quality protein at least 2 times a day. We do not recommend protein-deficient diets because protein is an essential nutrient required for repair, digestion and detoxification. If you choose to go vegetarian, get some good advice about how to get adequate protein within your diet changes. The World Health Organisation Standard is 1gm of protein value per kilo of body weight. This means a 60kg person requires a minimum of 60gm of protein value per day in their diet. A palm size piece of fish for example, contains around 25gm of protein content and 100gm of organic tofu contains 10gm of protein value.
- Avoid food that comes in packets. Eat food that is as close to its natural form as possible. This means it contains more nutrients and less added toxins and a better resource base for your body to use.
- Have a look at our Medicine Chest Smoothie recipe which is a great tissue healer. The Orac Powder tastes great in it and the two combined are a super nutrient boost.
- Take activated B vitamins to support enzyme function.
More details about working with Sarah are available on www.selfhealclinic.co.nz.
Using the above information may result in a reduced need for medication due to improved nutrition. We advise that appropriate monitoring be put in place. For example: If you have high blood pressure which is being controlled through mediation, get a cheap blood pressure cuff and monitor any changes at home. If your blood pressure drops, ask your doctor to reduce your medication accordingly. If you are on thyroid medication or cholesterol lowering medication, get your blood levels tested regularly.
© Purely Earth Ltd. This document may be copied and used as a patient handout in its entirety but is not to be replicated on any other websites or publishing media either in full or part without our permission.